Dates: Job start September 2017
Contract type: Full Time
St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed and growing college, both in terms of the number of students on roll and in terms of the ability of the students who are joining us. The college has a proven track record of success and is rated by Ofsted as good with outstanding features. This is a very exciting time for the college as we are on an upward trajectory and aiming for a judgement of ‘Outstanding’. The department is graded outstanding and gained its best ever results this year with 74% gaining a grade C or above for English Language and 94% A*-C for English Literature.
The Governors wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in the teaching of English. The English department play a key role in the college’s achievement and the department are a cohesive unit who demand the best from each other and from their students. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a blend of skills, innovation and experience. The department’s track record in developing staff and achieving outcomes is second to none. NQTs and more experience members of staff are more than welcome to apply.
- Be sympathetic towards the Catholic ethos of the college
- Have the energy, commitment and vision to make a real difference
- Have a clear, strong vision for education within a community
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and be able to develop the potential of students
- Have a good understanding of best practice in learning and teaching which can be communicated to others
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- An opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please see the vacancies section of our website www.stgcc.co.uk or contact Jenny McGregor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Visits to the college are welcomed and encouraged. These can be arranged by contacting Jenny McGregor.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th March 2017, 11am