A combination of dedicated school bus services, public transport and our own fleet of minibuses cover the transport needs of our students from across the region. Full details of the services available are shown below.
The following services cater for students travelling to and from St George:
The college operates four dedicated private bus services that provide a return journey, for which a fee is payable. Priority is given to younger students and distance.
1. The 301 from: Lordswood stopping at Millbrook, Regents Park, Shirley, Winchester Road and The Avenue.
2. The 302 from: Woolston stopping at Sholing, Thornhill, Bitterne, Bullar Rd, Northam, Onslow Road, Aldi, Stag Gates and Portswood Road.
3. The 303 from: Whiteley stopping at Titchfield, Locks Heath, Warsash and Lowford.
4. The 304 from: Peartree stopping at Woolston Link, Chapel (St Mary’s), Central Station, Lower Shirley (Foyes Corner), St James Road and Winchester Road.
• Minibus “A” collects and returns students from North Baddesley, Chandlers Ford, St Swithun Wells and Chestnut Ave Eastleigh for which a fee is payable.
• Minibus “B” collects and returns students from Hamble (Social Club), Ingleside- Old Netley, Thornhill Park Rd and Townhill Way for which a fee is payable.
• Minibus “C” collects and returns students from Bishops Waltham, Fair Oak, Bishopstoke and Eastleigh, for which a fee is payable.
The Bluestar no: 18 from Millbrook to the City Centre then change to the Bluestar no: 2 to Bassett Green Road stop (2mins walk from the college).
The Bluestar no: 9 from Fawley and Langley to the City Centre then change to the Bluestar no: 2 to Bassett Green Road stop (2 mins walk from the college).
The First Bus no: 8 from Hedge End/West End to the City Centre then connect to the Bluestar 2 or Firstbus U2B to Bassett Green Road stop (2 mins walk from the college).
From Fair Oak and Eastleigh the Bluestar no: 2 has a return service stopping at the Bassett Green Road stop (2 mins walk from the college).
Students from the Whiteley and Fareham area travel to Eastleigh Parkway station then change trains to Swaythling station (5 mins walk from college)
Students in Chandlers Ford travel direct to and from Swaythling station.
A direct service is also available from Winchester to Swaythling (Please refer to rail company timetables).
Hampshire and Southampton Assisted Travel
Assisted travel is no longer available for Catholic students on denominational grounds, except where a child is in receipt of free school meals or means tested applies.
The college holds no responsibility for any alterations or changes to the above transport timetables which are not contracted by the college.
Information updated May 2016
The number of St George students using healthy and eco- friendly modes of transport to get to school is increasing. Current data from our students regarding their school journey shows that 9.5% are cyclists, 46% use the college bus and 3.7% walk to school. The shift means that St George is well on its way to achieving a bronze accreditation with Modeshift Stars, and is well on its way to achieving a Sliver accreditation.